Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Heat Wave by Richard Castle

Since "Castle" is one of my favorite shows on TV I was pleased to see the book we've been hearing about on the show all year, "Heat Wave."  Boy, was I disappointed.

Even when I don't like a book I can usually persevere through the first few chapters.  Not this time.  I could only get a few pages in before I put it down.

I have never seen a more poorly written book to get published.  It is obvious that some non-English speaking hack was hired to ghostwrite the book from some screenwriter's outline.  American idoms are absolutely killed. Sentences are awkward and without any nuance.  Some phrases are laughable. At one point a bruised rib injury is called an "intercoastal" injury.  What's that?

All I can say is ABC and the producers of "Castle" blew it big time.  They've damaged the reputation of the show by putting out an almost illiterate piece of drivel.

Liz Nichols

No comments:

Post a Comment